Thursday, July 5, 2012

Crossfit At Home Workout

Today after work I headed to the gym for some weight training since I got my long run in yesterday morning.  I started out with some machines that I can't remember the name of.  One of them I just call the armpit fat machine haha.
I think I make this same face while i'm using this machine hahah. Durf.

After a few arm machines I moved on to this cycle of exercises:
Complete 3x through
12 x deadlift w/ 15lb dumbbells
12 x sumo squats w/ 20lb dumbbell
12 x bent over row w/ 15lb dumbbells

Once I was feeling sufficiently warmed up I went through this Crossfit like workout from Blonde Ponytail.
Once I got through this 5 times I was pretty tired. It took me right around 25 minutes to complete the workout.  When I finished, I still had a couple minutes before I wanted to leave the gym so I hopped on the elliptical for a little less than 20 minutes:
I used an elliptical similar to this one.  I like this model becuase you can increade the incline so that you are taking huge knee high steps and you can increase the resistance up to 100.  I alternated between 25 and 35 because my legs were pretty much spent. I stayed at each resistance for 2 minutes, sprinting the last 30 seconds of each 2 minute interval.
Then headed home for some dinner:
HAM!!! I love ham, not even kidding.  I also had some cucumbers from our garden, carrots, zucchini fries, corn and a slice of garlic toast.

The zucchini fries were left over from our bbq yesterday.  Making them was super easy:

You'll need:
sliced zucchini
panko breadcrumbs
parmesean cheese
salt
pepper
egg whites

Mix panko breadcrumbs, cheese, salt and pepper together in a bowl (no measuring here for me, I just eyeball it).  Cut zucchini into fries, dredge in egg whites and dip into panko mixture. Place on a sprayed baking sheet and pop in the oven at 425 for 20 minuts.  They even tasted good the day after. I just popped them in the toaster oven to crisp them up again. So good!





No comments:

Post a Comment