Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Sweaty Butt 4th of July

Holy hot outside! These past two days have been rediculously hot! I got home from work yesterday and got a quick half hour workout in down in our at home gym aka our basement.  When I was at work I saw this workout online and had to do it:
Complete 3x Through

This arm workout was awesome! I woke up this morning with some serious sore tricpes and shoulders.  I didn't want to do any leg work yesterday because I was planning on doing my long run this morning.  I woke up around 7:30am, ate a banana with some peanut butter and headed over to UD campus for my run with Matt.  We both had 5 miles on the menu....and man was it humid.  My first 3 miles were alright, but then the heat was started to get to be too much.  I stopped at miles 2, 3 and 4 to drink water from my sweet water belt.
SOOOO HOTTTT.
I finished my run in 48.25.
Mile 1 (warm up): 9.58
Mile 2: 9.37
Mile 3: 9.31
Mile 4: 9.41
Mile 5: 9.34

When I got home I needed fuel! I ate a greek yogurt with quaker oatmeal squares in it and a protein cookie.
I finally convince Matt to try my yogurt after he realized it had 14g of protein compared to his La Yogurt's 4g.  And....he liked it! I'm going to buy him a couple this week.  Nobody can resist the goodness of greek yogurt! The protein cookies are I made based off of this Peanut Butter and Jelly Protein Cookie Recipe.  They are....alright.  Mine turned out a little dry, so next time I think I might have to add something extra, maybe more jelly. 

After our run we had some friends over for a bbq for the 4th! And yes I'm a nerd and sported my red, white and blue!
And my newly chopped hair. I'm in love with having short hair again!  I will never grow my hair out again....unless I have to get married again hahah. J/k Matt! 

I'm awesome and was so overwhelmed by the people, babies and dogs that I didn't take a single pic except for the above one of me being a nerd in the bathroom.  We did have some good eats though.  My brother and sister in law recently gave me some morningstar veggie burgers to try and I have to say they were really good. I haven't found a strore bought veggie burger that I like until now. I just texted  them to see what flavor they were so I can buy some for myself.  I also snacked on some southwester coleslaw, baked zucchini fries and cheese and crackers.  And of course no 4th of July is complete without drinks!

I found this recipe for a skinny pina colada on Carrots N' Cake.
2 shots Pineapple Juice
2 shots Coconut Water (Vitacoco is my favorite)
1 shot coconut rum

These were so easy and they were a hit!  Everyone left around 4:30 and by that time Matt and I were getting hungry again.  We each whipped up our own dinner of randomness:
Egg white scramble with home grown spinach, chicken sausage and black beans.  Sweet potato wedges and an apple on the side with some almond butter.  PS sweet potatoes and almond butter are really really good together.

This is such a weird week. Back to work tomorrow for 2 days.  I guess I'll take it!








No comments:

Post a Comment