Sunday, November 20, 2011

Lazy Sunday

Today was a nice relaxing Sunday. I went on a couple long walks with Champ and got some cleaning and cooking done.  My legs are in a bit of pain from yesterday, so I decided to take a day off from the gym.  For dinner I made Almond Crusted Chicken Fingers.  I got the recipe from http://www.eatingwell.com/ and it turned out great.  I made some sweet potatoe "chips" on the side.

Recipe:
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 1/2 tsp olive oil
egg whited for dredging
1 lb chicken tenders
Preheat the oven to 475.  Line a baking sheet with tin foil and place a wire rack on top.  Put all dry ingredients in a food processor and blend.  While running, add olive oil and contine to blend until  crumbly.  Transfer the mixture to a shallow bowl.  Add egg whites to a second shallow bowl.  Add chicken to egg whites and coat, then add chicken to almond mixture and coat.  Bake chicken fingers for 20-25 minutes.  Enjoy!


Along with the chicken I sliced up a sweet potatoe as thin as I could get it, mixed the slices in olive oil s&p and baked them along with the chicken for about 15 mintues, flipping them halfway through. 



Well it's back to work tomorrow but it's only a 3 day week! I can definitely handle that!!  I'll sign off with a couple more pics from my race!






No comments:

Post a Comment