Saturday, November 26, 2011

65 In November?? I'll Take It!

It was gorgeous out today!! I woke up and saw that today's high was going to be 65.  Matt and I decided right then and there that we had to go to a park.  We took Champ to White Clay Creek State Park for a little  hike.  It was total overstimulation from him, but I could tell he was loving every moment of it.


And the best part? Little man zonked out when we got home.  Another thing on my list today was to do some baking.  I made these baked oatmeal bars a couple of months ago, froze some and have been picking away at them little by little.  Well last night I ate the last one, so I decided to make more.  I got the recipe off of one of my favorite food blogs Kath Eats Real Food.  They are so easy to make and they are much better for you than any graolla bar you would buy in a store. 

Baked Oatmeal Bars
1 1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup chopped nuts ( I used 1/4 cup almonds and 1/4 cup walnuts)
1/2 cup dried fruit (craisins and figs for me)
1/4 cup seeds (sunflower)
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
1 1/4 cup skim milk
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

Combine wet and dry ingredients separately.
Mix together and pour into a 9x9 baking dish lined with parchment paper
Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.  Makes 12 squares.
These are the perfect snack with some peanut butter spread on the top.

When it came to dinner tonight I only had one thing on my mind....leftover stuffing! I decided to make a big salad full of leftover stuffing and turkey (and maybe some veggies too).

The whole salad was really good, but this was how I was seeing it in my mind:

STUFFING!!!!
I'm so happy we still have another full day of the weekend left! Unfortunately tomorrrow I actually have to get some chores and cooking done.  Well I'm off to pour myself a glass of wine! Here's to a great and relaxing weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment