Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Recovery

Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving! I did. The food was amazing and it was great seeing my family especially my brother! I had turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, corn, carrots, ambrosia and of course apple pie.  I'm so happy that my pie turned out well. 

Today was the start of thanksgiving recovery. I woke up to my pumpkin pie overnight oats (sticking with the thanksgiving theme). 
After breakfast Matt and I had one thing on our mind...a nice long workout.  We headed to the gym and were 2 of 5 people there haha.  I really concentrated on weights today.  I like to do more weights on the weekend since I have more time to stay there and can get more of a complete workout in.  We were there for about an hour and half.  After that I was spent.  I got home and was craving eggs so I made and egg white omlet with red peppers, spinach and cheddar cheese.


apple and almond butter on the side

After lunch I had to go to the grocery store :( yuck.  I dread going to the grocery store every week. I never know if it's going to be mobbed or completely empty.  I got lucky today though.  Not too many people and the lines moved quickly.  AND...I also stumbled up some apple butter! Sad, but this completely made my day.  I had gone to a local orchard about a month ago and got some apple butter. I just finished it last week and had no idea they sold it in our grocery store. I'm glad to see they do!  When I got back Matt and I finished our save the dates!!! FINALLY! They will be mailed out tomorrow...exaclty 6 months until our wedding.
We decided  to go to main st. for dinner since all of the students are home and we knew it wouldn't be crowded. We went to a local bar/restaurant Deer Park. I got the Harvest Wrap with a side salad.


Delish! Now we are sitting down to watch Super 8.  Tomorrow we are hoping to take Champ to a park since it will be in the 60's.  Hope this weather sticks around for a while.



No comments:

Post a Comment