Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Is For Baking!

Happy Christmas Eve everyone!! I've been doing a log of baking to get ready for tomorrow. I decided to step out of my normal overnight oats for breakfast the other day and tried a new recipe: baked pumpking oatmeal....because I love anything with pumpkin
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 tbsp agave nectar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup milk
1/8 tsp salt
1 tbsp almond butter
handfull of craisins
Combine all ingredients and pour into a 1 cup ramekin.  Preheat the oven to 380 degrees.  Cook for 20 minutes and then broil on high for 3 minutes
I really liked this version of oatmeal. I had mine with some peach greek yogurt on top.

I also baked some sugar cookies for Matt's parents for Christmas:
Healthier Sugar Cookies also from Chocolate Covered Katie
3/4 cup flour (I used 1/2 cup unbleached all purpose and 1/4 cup whole wheat)
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp plus 1/8 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup sugar (I used sugar in the raw)
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 and 1/2 tbsp milk
1/4 cup vegan sub butter (I didn't have this on hand so I used regular unsalted butter)
Combine dry ingredients and mix well and do the same with the wet ingredients.  Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well.  Roll dough into 12 small balls and bake at 325 degrees for 9 minutes.  Take them out of the oven and let them sit 5 minutes before decorating and digging in.

And of course I had to make some more Peppermint Bark!!!
Wouldn't be Christmas without it!







No comments:

Post a Comment