Sunday, December 18, 2011

Back To Rock Climbing

This morning Matt and I went rock climbing at the Delaware Rock Gym.  I hadn't been in a couple of months, but Matt has been going with a friend once a week for the past couple of weeks. I decided to give it a go again and see how it went.  I'm glad I made it to the gym yesterday and this was the perfect chance for me to mix things up and get a really good upper body workout. And it's pretty fun too.
Yea my eyes are closed...


My forearms are killing me now and my hands are super sensative, but it was worth it.  When we got back, I whipped up a salad real quick and we sat down to watch Love Actually, one of my favorite Christmas movies.  Then I started on dinner, homeade whole wheat pizza!!


As promised here are the recipes for the cookies that I made for the cookie exchange last night.
First I made Pumkin Cranberry Muffin Tops. I actually made these once previously and loved them so I decided to make them again.
Then I made my own peppermint bark (which I'm obsessed with).  I based my recipe off of the one I found at Peanut Butter Fingers.
Recipe:
8 ozs Bakers brand semisweet chocolate
8ozs white chocolate
1/2 tsp canola oil
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
3 crushed candy canes
First I melted the semisweet chocolate in the microwave for 30 second intervals mixing in between until it was all melted.  I then mixed in 1/4 tsp canola oil and spread the chocolate evenly on a baking sheet lined with tin foil that had been sprayed with Pam.  I then stuck this in the fridge until it hardened.  Then I did the same thing with the white chocolate adding 1/4 tsp canola oil and 1/2 tsp peppermint extract and then spreading it over the dark chocolate.  Then I sprinkled the candy cane peices over it and stuck it back in the fridge and broke it into squares when it had hardened.





No comments:

Post a Comment