Monday, January 30, 2012

Falafel Fail

I've been trying to find some more interesting luchtime options than my usual peanut butter and apple butter sandwich or ginormous salad.  I actually found this recipe on pinterest for falafels.  I had everything that I needed already, so that was another plus.  The recipe I used was loosely based off of this recipe. 
Falafel Recipe
1 15oz can garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
1/4 red onion diced
handfull fresh parsley
2 cloves garlic
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp whole wheat flour
Add all ingredients excpet baking powder and flour into a food processor. Process the mixture until it forms a paste (this is where I had some difficulty).  Place mixture in a bowl and mix in baking powder and flour.  Form into small patties and cook in a nonstick pan coated with cooking spray until they are golden brown.

I think these would have been perfect....if my food processor actually worked properly.  It chopped everything up, but I couldn't get it to form a paste.

So when I tried to cook them they of course fell apart.  I might have been cursing my food processor at that moment.  Good news though...they still tasted really good. Nice and garlicy.
Perfect addition to one of my giant salads. 

Today was just another Monday. Work went by pretty fast and then I headed to the gym.  I was in the locker room getting changed when I got this text from Matt....
...Come Play Mommy

How could I resist a face like that??? I went through my workout faster than usual finishing in a little under an hour and then raced home to hang with my little man!! I swear this is going to be a million times harder when we actually have children.  This is something Matt and I talk a lot about.  We think we'll alternate gym days so someone can be home with the baby. And a plus...our gym has a daycare attached!! One of the reasons I love our gym.  But that is very far away at the moment so we don't have to think too hard about it!

One day down, 4 days to go!








No comments:

Post a Comment