Sunday, January 29, 2012

Unexpected Run

Our wine tasting last night was so much fun.  The wine itself wasn't too great actually, but I enjoyed the company and the dinner that followed.
enjoying our wine

We ended up getting a bottle of the dry reisling to take home which was included in our groupon.
Afterwards we headed to Kennet Sq (the mushroom capital of the world) for dinner. I was looking through the menu and the grilled tofu for some reason looked really good to me. This was my first time ever eating tofu so I was way outside my comfor zone.
Grilled tofu, lentil pilaf, broccolini, coconut curry dressing. Final verdict...I loved it!! It was all in the dressing.  It wasn't as mooshy as I thought it would be which was good for me because I tend ot have texture issues.

On Sundays I usually try to do something a little more interesting for dinner since I have more time and energy to put into it than during the week.  Matt and I went to a local fish market on Friday night and picked up some Arctic Char.  I had no idea how to cook it so I did some searching online. First I roasted an entire head of garlic for an hour at 350 degrees. Then I put the garlic into our food processor and mixed it with 2 tbsp of lemon juice, 1/8 cup canola oil and 1.5 sprigs of rosemary. I spread that on top of the arctic char and cooked it at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.


Some of the best fish I've ever had. This sauce would work well on any fish especially salmon since it's so similar to arctic char.  I roasted some sweet potatoes on the side and cooked some brussel sprouts on the stove as well.  I decided to make an entire meal of it and made a little something for dessert.  I made two of Chocolate Covered Katie's Single Lady Carrot Cake Cupcakes.  All I did was double the recipe. So quick and easy.
A little undercooked but still good.  Matt likes his baked good mooshy...so strange.

The best part of today...Matt's foot is finally starting to feel better so we went for a run around the neighborhood together!! We did our 3 mile loop and stopped once so Matt could stretch.  Running with Matt is always a good workout because he is a lot faster than me.  I really have to work to keep up with him. It was a good end to the weekend.  Back to work  tomorrow....but in the back of my head all I'm thinking is 6 days until I see my wedding dress :)




No comments:

Post a Comment