Saturday, January 28, 2012

Workout Before Wine

Matt and I are headed to a wine tasting that we got through Groupon with my parents and my aunt and uncle. We get a wine tasting, two glasses and a bottle of wine for $20.  My kind of deal.

First things first.  Breakfast before heading to the gym.
1/3 cup oatmeal, 1 container apple cinnamon nonfat chobani, 1/2 tbsp chia seeds, splash of milk with granolla, craisins and peanut butter on the top

At the gym I started out with 4 sets of 14 lunges with 10lbs in each hand.  Then I did 3 sets of 20 squats with a 25lb dumbell and finished up with some abs.  Then I jumped on the treadmill for this 40 minute run.
I alternated half mile jogs and half mile sprints for 4 miles and then ran at a 6.5 until 40 minutes were up.
4.4 miles in 40 minutes!
happy to be done and ready for lunch!

I wanted something high in protein for lunch so I whipped up a egg white and cheese sandwich on a whole wheat deli flat.  I microwaved a banana in a bowl for 30 seconds and then added a spoonful of plain nonfat greek yorgurt, almond butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon.  And of course a cup of decaf coffee on the side to rehydrate.

I'm so obsessed with my microwaved banana mixutre.  Perfect thing to warm me up this winter. A few things to do around the house before our tasting! Hope everyon has a good Saturday!

What was your workout today??

Ever been to a wine tasting before?
This is our second wine tasting that we've done through Groupon. We went to a tour and tasting in New Jersey over the summer and had so much fun we had to do it again.





No comments:

Post a Comment