Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Jury Duty...Thank God It's Over

Today I had Jury Duty for the first time ever. I have to say all the horrible rumors I heard were true. It was the most boring day of my life.   Being forced to sit in a room for hours waiting to see if you'll be called for a trial is like some sort of punnishment for me.  I am definitely one of those people who can't sit still for long, even though I used to be quite the oposite.  I had a few magazines with me and a book and ate a huge breakfast since lunch break doesn't roll around until 1pm (I'm like an old person, I usually eat lunch at 11:30 haha). One of the magazines I had on hand was People.  I read an article about Paula Dean having type 2 diabetes....big surprise there.  The entire article just disgusted me. She's had diabetes for two years and had continued to cook her type of food and just now admits that she has diabetes because she is the spokesperson for some diabetes drug.  If she was really serious I think she would have told everyone from the get go and she should have changed the way she cooked.
This little diddy was hightlighted in the article
The Lady's Bruch Burger...EW
Oh you know just 936 calories and close to 60 grams of fat!

After reading that article and sitting for a good portion of the day I went out for a run when I got home. I ran 4.75 miles in 41:20 (8.37 pace).  It was gorgeous here in the 50's.  I decided to run without music today so I could really enjoy the weather.  I thought this was a good idea until I hit 30 minutes and really started feeling it in my legs from my weights workout last night.  Then I wished I could turn on some Lady Gaga to get me motivated.  Funny how music does that to people. I usually run with my ipod in even though I've read in several places that it's pretty dangerous (cars and attackers). 

When I got home I tried out a new recipe for dinner that I found on Pinterest, Tuna Burgers based off of  Can You Stay For Dinner? Super easy and really cheap, double whammy!!
Recipe:
2 6oz cans tuna in water, drained and flaked
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup chopped green onions
3 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
2 cloves garlic minced
pinch each salt and pepper
3 tbsp egg whites
3 tbsp non-fat sour cream
4 slices provolone cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Mix all ingredients and form into 4 patties.  Place on sprayed baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Top with cheese and put back in the oven until cheese is melted. 

With it I sliced up a sweet potato very thin, drizzled them with olive oil, salt and pepper and backed them along with the tuna burgers, flipping them halfway through. 

I finished my night off with some work on my graduate certificate application. I started to get a little stressed and poured myslef a glass of wine to help. I'm hoping to submit it within the next couple of weeks!!


No comments:

Post a Comment