Friday, February 3, 2012

The Results Are In...

Today was my podiatrist appointment! I've been having pain in my right big toe joint since November when I was training for my 10k.  Well I finally have answers.  Basically my first and second metatarsals are too far apart which is causing a bunion to form at the joint of my big toe. 

He said the normal angle for between the big toe bone and the second toe bone is 9 degrees and mine is 13.  It was crazy to see it on an xray just how much room there was between my first and second toe. I could fit a whole other toe between them (by the way I'm horribly sorry for those of you who hate feet...because I'm atually one of those people myself).  He said I also had a case of Hallux Limitus or decreased range of motion in the big toe...sweet.  So there's not a whole lot I can do about it unless I want some surgery that will take me 8 weeks to recover from NO THANKS.  He said it was most likely hereditary since I have it so young...thanks mom and dad!  He prescribed me some New Balance insoles for my running shoes and gave me a sample pack of some anti-infammatory cream.

I was hoping he would give me some sort of quick fix, but it look like I'm just going to have to learn to live with this :(

I left the doctor and headed to Joann Fabrics to pick up some supplies for some wedding DIY I will be doing this weekend (more details to come).  And then I headed to Saladworks to pick up dinner because I was starving.

Mixed greens with tuna, hard boiled egg whites, broccoli, cucumbers, blue cheese and craisins with light balsalmic dressing. 

Tomorrow I have a haircut at 8:30am.  Then I'm hoping to get a quick workout in before my friend Leah comes to visit and do wedding activites all day!!



No comments:

Post a Comment