Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Kicking Butt

When I looked at the 7 day forecast over the weekend I notice that one day in particular looked really great for running.  It went a little above 50 today so I decided to go for a run around University of Delaware's campus after work. 

This is one of my favorite places to run around us because it brings back so many great memories from my college days!

Today was one of the best run's I've had in a while (haha that kind of sounds wrong).   I ran 4.23 miles in just over 37 minutes.  This is definitely fast for me.  I felt like I had wings on my ass or something.  When I got home I made a quick and easy dinner that I found on Peanut Butter Fingers.  I made her Italian Pizza Bake using Bisquick Heart Smart mix. 

Recipe:
1/3 cup bisquick mis
1 tbsp water
2 tbsp egg whites
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/2 chopped bell pepper
1 tukey sausage link sliced
3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes drained
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1/8 tsp each parsley, oregano, basil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a bread pan with nonstick spray. Mix bisquick, water, egg whites and garlic powder in a bowl and pour in to the pan. Cook bell pepper and sausage in a pan, then add spices and tomatoes until warm.  Spoon over bisquick mix and top with cheese. Bake for 23 minutes.
Mine kind of fell apart, but it still tasted good.  I had it with some veggies and hummus.







No comments:

Post a Comment