Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Not Impressed....

Last night was our food tasting for the wedding and let's just say we were less than impressed.  They had different groups of people coming in every 20 minutes to try appetizers and entree options.  When we all first got there we were really excited!
Matt's excited face

The food was delivered and was kind of blah.  I think they cooked everything ahead of time and then it just sat, waiting for people to arrive. I've been to another event they catered and the food was really good, so fingers crossed that they will step up their game on the day of.
Cocktail hour appetizers we chose:
Mini Crab Cake
Broccoli Bite
Bruschetta
Scallop wrapped in bacon

Entree/sides
Filet Mignon
Herb stuffed chicken
Grilled vegetables
Mashed potatoes

After last night's eating marathon I was ready to eat well and run today. I started my day off with oats in a jar.
1/3 cup old fashioned oats, 1 container pomegranate greek yogurt, splash of skim milk, granolla, craisins, spoon full of almond butter
Left over turkey burger for lunch from dinner on Friday (I know that's stretching it a bit but whatevs)
Dinner was a chicken fajita on a whole wheat tortilla filled with peppers, onions, black beans, spinach and cheddar cheese. YUM!

Afer work I went to the gym to run since it was pretty cold and windy out today.  I had been thinking about running all day so I knew it would be a good one.  I ran for a total of 5 miles in 47:30.  I started with a 5 minute warm up and then did five minute sets of 3 minutes run and 2 minutes sprint.  My run speed ranged from 6.0 to 6.3 and my sprint speed ranged from 6.4 to 7.2.  For dessert I will be having one of these bad boys just delivered to my house:


And another goodie delivered to my house today...my wedding earings!
They are pear shaped vintage style studs. Love them! Don't worry they are obviously fake haha. I only wish they were real.







2 comments:

  1. Your choices sound delicious! I'm sure on the day everything will be perfect!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I'm getting excited to see how it will all come together

      Delete