Saturday, January 21, 2012

A Day of Firsts

Today we woke up to a fresh coat of snow  ice on the ground.  It's our first snow of the season which isn't bad considering what we got slammed with the past two years.  I ate my usual breakfast plus one new thing...Chia Seeds.  I have been reading all about them from fellow bloggers so I picked some up last night and mixed them into my overnight oats.
I couldn't taste any difference, but I did notice that I stayed fuller longer. My breakfast lasted me 4 1/2 hours! Since it was so icey outside I've saved my gym workout for tomorrow. I did get in a good 45 minute workout at home though.
I started out going once through this workout
Then I went once through this one that I found on pinterest

Then I moved on to this sparticus workout.  And then I went back through the cardio/strengh workout above again. All together it took me 45 minutes. Once it stopped snowing, Matt and I went out to the mall to run some errands and grab lunch which means...SALADWORKS. My love
carrots, cucumbers, chicken, broccoli, blue cheese

For dinner I had left over salmon from last night and then cooked up something I've never tried before. Brussel sprouts.  I baked them at 400 degrees for 35 minutes. I topped them with cheese because I was afraid that I wouldn't like them and I figured everything tastes better with cheese.

And of course I had to finally give in to my sweet tooth so I made these mini apple pies.
they definitely didn't turn out as pretty as I hoped they would but hey they still tasted good.

Just sitting down to watch Moneyball. Not sure if I'll like it because I hate baseball (more of a football kind of gal) but Brad Pitt's in it so it can't be too bad haha.







No comments:

Post a Comment