Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Prettiest Thing I've Ever Made

Hello all! I'm sorry to say this weekend I was not on my game.  Matt and I were running around like crazy all weekend visiting family and doing things around the house and for the wedding. We had a nice date night on Friday to one of our favorite place right down the street. I had possibly the best turkey burger ever!!

Then we ran some errands...home depot, the kitchen store and babies r us before going over to my parents house to help my dad carry out their HUMUNGOUS TREE!
the biggest tree ever. this is my dad downsizing from last year

Saturday morning I woke up late after an unheard of 10 hours of sleep! I ran to the gym and got in an hour workout before rushing home and getting ready to go over to Matt's parent's house for xmas #7 (?) with Matt's extended family from Virginia
(notice the giant box of chocolates in my hand nom nom nom)

This morning I went to a bridal expo with my mom to look at some last minute things.  We didn't find too much but did manage to talk to some florists and alcohol distributors!! Then we grabbed some brunch on main st.  We went to one of my favorite restaurants, but I was very dissapointed in my meal.  I ordered the veggie omlet and when it came out it was dripping in grease.  My stomach hurt most of the day because of it.  I still tried to get in a workout when I got home.  I did a 45 minute kickboxing video that got me sweating.  Then moved on to my BEAUTIFUL dinner!
Individually Sized Chicken Potpie (from eating well)
1 chicken breast chopped into chunks
1/2 cup chopped shallots
1/2 bag frozen mixed vegetables thawed
1/8 tsp dried thyme
1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth, divided
1/8 cup cornstarch
1/8 cup low fat sour cream
salt, pepper to taste
refrigerated pie crust
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Heat some olive oil in a nonstick pan and then add chicken and cook until browned.  Remove chicken and place on a plate.  Add a little more olive oil to the pan and then add shallots and cook 2 minutes.  Then add in vegetables, thyme, salt and pepper.  Cook 2 more minutes.  Add in 3/4 cup chicken stock and bring to a boil.  In another bowl mix together remaining 1/4 cup chicken stock and 1/8 cup cornstarch.  Then add to pan and bring to a boil again.  Cook 1 minute or until thickened.  Remove from heat and mix in chicken and sour cream. Divide mixture into two 12 oz baking dishes.  Roll out pie crust and cut two circles to fit over dishes.  Brush with egg white and cut 4 slits in the top.  Bake for 20 minutes. ENJOY!

So pretty I didn't want to eat it...but I did obviously.  I've made other chicken potpie recipes before and this was by far the easiest one I've made. 

Time to go watch the golden globes and see all the horrible dresses! Love it! Hope everyone had a good weekend....looking forward to my extra day off tomorrow.







No comments:

Post a Comment