Saturday, March 31, 2012

Spontaneous 5k and Carpal Tunnel

Hey everyone! Matt and I started off our weekend with a great dinner at a local korean place with friends last night. I wanted to try something new so I ordered the a type of Jigae or hot stew. It had seafood, tofu and veggies in it and was served piping hot with a side of rice.
This soup was actually boiling when they gave it to me, and being the impatient person that I am I attempted to eat it a few seconds post picture. I managed to burn my tongue pretty good.
You also get a bunch of sides to share with the table for free. LOVE.  There was this thing I really liked that I had no idea what it was. We asked the woman and apparently it's their version of a "seafood hotdog"....should have never asked haha.


So last night when I got home from work Matt goes, so I'm thinking about running a 5k tomorrow. I looked at him like he was crazy because we just ran one and the weather was not supposed to be so nice.  Well wouldn't you know I woke up this morning and told Matt I was in.  It was in the 40s, windy and overcast when we left for the race. I went into the race just wanting to take it easy. I was not looking for a sub 26 again.
Waiting inside for the race to start.

It was a small race, only about 100 people which I liked.  I started out at an easy pace finishing my first mile in about 8:45.  I passed the second mile mark at 17:15 and finished my 5k in 26.20.  It's crazy for me to think back just six months ago when a time in the 26's was really challenging for me to get, and now I felt like I was cruising finishing in this time!!  Matt once again kicked my ass and finished in 20.39!!

And then we found out...
We both placed! I got third in my age group and Matt got first!

The rest of my day has been spent doing one of the most mundane activities ever...


addressing wedding invitations. YUCK.  I'm sipping on some coffee right now b/c this activity is literally putting me to sleep. I've finished a little over half and I think I'll save the rest for tomorrow, just as long as I get them out by Monday!
Shoot I look tired. Hope I pep up by tonight! Matt and I are headed out to watch the final 4 with some new friends!!
Champ is not too happy about this (don't worry he's not being mean, he just has an underbite so his bottom teeth get stuck on his upper lip a lot haha)







No comments:

Post a Comment