Sunday, April 1, 2012

2 A Days

Today was one busy day but I had a blast! I woke up and headed to the gym for a weights only workout.  Matt's friend called him the other day and they decided to go to a local park to mountain bike. I planned to tag along and do a trail run, my first ever, while they were biking. I still wanted to get some weights work in though, so I wound up at the gym for about 45 minutes completing this workout:
Going through this workout 3x took me about 30 minutes.  I finished my workout with 15 minutes of random abs work.  I never really have a plan going into abs work, I just wing it and hope it works out.  When I got home I whipped up an early lunch so that I could digest before we left for the park.
Open faced egg sandwich and an apple. I cooked up some spinach and then poured some egg whites over them, added a bit of cheese and slapped it on half a deli flat.  I also added another secret ingredient:
I spread some guacamole on the bottom of the toast....SO GOOD!!

A few hours later we were of to Lums Pond. I really didn't know what to expect but it was actually really fun. I didn't need my music at all because the surroundings were actually interesting to look at.  I did an out and back route, 25 minutes each way.

Me at the halfway point. Please forgive my horribly oversized sunglasses. I couldn't find my regular ones so I had to resort to these ugly things.
I definitely had to slow my pace down a lot so I didn't trip on all of the twigs and roots.  I also had to stop a few times to figure out which way I should go on the trail.  All together I ran 4.9 miles in about 49 minutes.  When I got home I scarfed a banana and some quaker oatmeal squares cereal to hold me over until dinner.  For dinner I made one of my favorites:
Gnocchi With Spinach and White Beans.  I made mine with whole wheat gnocchi and also added some sausage to the mix to satisfy my carnivore fiance.  I LOVE this meal. So easy and delicious. 

Another plus: I finished addressing all of our wedding invitations. Thank the Lord!! And now I'm off to relax with my two best guys!









No comments:

Post a Comment