Wednesday, April 4, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday!

Happy WIAW! It's actually my Thursday becuase my company is awesome and gives us Good Friday off!  I appreciate it and all, but I wish they would give us the Monday after Easter off instead. 
I started off my morning with my usual:
Overnight oats with pomogranate chobani, 1/3 cup old fashioned oats and almond milk.  Granolla, craisins, peanut butter and chia seeds.

My mid morning snack was an apple and some pretzel rods.

Lunch:
I went to the salad bar at a local grocery store and picked up this baby. Salad with chickpeas, broccoli, green peppers, carrots, cucumbers and tuna salad.  Also picked up some fruit with cottage cheese.

I snacked on  half a kashi banana bread granolla bar and an applesauce before I left work to get my through my workout.  I ran 3.08 miles in 26.26.  I wanted to do some interval work so I sprinted during the chorus of songs and jogged during the rest of the songs.  My legs were nice and rested after 2 days off and my run felt fast!!

Dinner:
Tofu scramble with kale, black beans, green peppers, zucchini and topped with cheese. This was my first time making a tofu scramble and it was really good. Tasted very similar to actual eggs.  I added a bunch of garlic powder, cumin and pepper in for more flavor.
I toasted up half a deli flat and topped it with some butter to have on the side.
Chocolate for dessert :)


After dinner I cooked up Matt some of these as a surprise:
Rice crispy treats. I'm the best rice crispy treat maker this side of the mason dixon line haha.  This is Matt's favorite food. One year for his birthday I made him a rice crispy treat cake.  I used three different types of cereal in different sized circles and stacked them like a cake.  Rice crispy treats are how I keep him around haha. We have a deal, I make him rice crispies every now and then and he gets me flowers and chocolate ever now and then. Deal.

I also did some wedding crafting tonight!
Can't wait for our candy buffet. YUM. 




No comments:

Post a Comment