Monday, April 2, 2012

Popped My Tofu Cherry

I did it! I cooked with tofu for the first time.  I don't know why it scared me so much before, because I'm weird.  I purchased the extra firm tofu and planned to use it in a coconut curry.  First I cut up the tofu and cooked it on the stovetop so it would be nice and crispy on the outside.

Then I cooked the remainder of my meal following the recipe for my Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp just replacing the shrimp with tofu and lots of veggies. I cut up some broccoli, carrots, peppers and brussel sprouts. 
I cooked up my veggies with my red curry paste and garlic.  Then I added the cocount milk and tofu and let it simmer for a couple minutes
I served it over brown rice.
So good. I'm having the leftovers tmorrow for lunch!

I also snuck in a good at home workout today. I started out with a 35 minute walk around the neighborhood with Champ. We covered about 2 miles with Champ dragging me for about 1.5 of them until he finally started to get a little warn out.

Then I moved on to doing this workout from Fitness Magazine's website. It's a great workout to do when you are crunched for time.  You only need some 3-8lb dumbbells and a weight bench or stability ball.  I actually ended up using my couch instead of the weight bench.

Sumo Power

Dip and Drag Curl

Good Morning

Side Lunge with Teacup Raise

Lower Half Lift

Rolling Pin

Rainbow Fly

Reverse Fly

Kickstand

De-calf-inator


I went through these exercises twice.  My favorite was the kickstand.  Holy cow was my ars burning! I have a feeling I'll be sore tomorrow. I have my last dress fitting tomorrow night and our invitations are in the mail!!! 










No comments:

Post a Comment