Monday, June 18, 2012

Exciting Day

Monday are not usually my favorite days, but today was an exciting one....for two reasons. Matt and I booked our plane tickets to Norfolk, VA on July 19th to go down for part of my family's anual beach vacation in OBX!  We didn't think we would be able to make it because of all the time we took off for the wedding/honeymoon, but we are only taking 1.5 days off from work this way, so it's not so bad! We've been going to the beach together since before I was born, and couldn't think of missing another year (I missed one the first summer I started my job).
my fam

what happens in obx stays in obx.....keg stand on a heineken mini keg. classy



Matt and I also officially signed up for the Philadelphi Rock N' Roll Half Marthon on September 16th!
I know we just signed up, but I'm already nervous! We had to put in an estimated finish time and I put 2:10.  I'm hoping that's manageable. 
This is the training plan that I'm looking at right now.  It's a 12 week plan that I will start next week.  I'm going to switch my rest days to Wednesday and Friday because of volleyball and I'm going to add some strength training in at least 2 times per week.  I'm hoping I can stick to this plan, shuffling things around a little bit to fit my schedule. 

<>
<>
<>
<>
<>
<>
<>
    Week
   Mon   Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
1
Rest
    3 m run
3 m run
      3 m run
      Rest
4 m run
cross
2
Rest
3 m run
      3 m pace
3 m run
Rest
5 m run
cross
3
Rest
3 m run
 4 m run
3 m run
Rest
6 m run
cross
4
Rest
3 m run
4 m pace
3 m run
Rest
7 m run
cross
5
Rest
3 m run
4 m run
3 m run
Rest
8 m run
cross
6
Rest
3 m run
4 m pace
3 m run
Rest
5-K Race
cross
7
Rest
3 m run
5 m run
3 m run
Rest
9 m run
cross
8
Rest
3 m run
5 m pace
3 m run
Rest
10 m run
cross
9
Rest
3 m run
5 m run
3 m run
Rest
10-K Race
cross
10
Rest
3 m run
5 m pace
3 m run
Rest
11 m run
cross
11
Rest
3 m run
5 m run
3 m run
Rest
12 m run
cross
12
Rest
3 m run
2 m pace
2 m run
Rest
Rest
Half Marathon



No comments:

Post a Comment