Sunday, June 17, 2012

Dad's Day

Matt and I slept in this morning...and for us that means 8am! It felt great though.  I ate a quick breakfast of overnight oats and headed to the gym for some strength training!  I completed this workout twice through from enjoy your healthy life. 

I had to use some lighter weights on some of the workouts (the deadrow I used 15s and the walking lunges I used 8s).  I  took me about an hour to complete and I was already sore afterwards. It's not looking good for tomorrow haha. I came home and ate a small lunh of an egg, an apple and some veggies before heading to a local vineyard with Matt and my parents for fathers day.
Found some pictures in the basement from way back when.


20 some years later:

While there we shared a few bottles of wine and munched on an antipasto plate of bread, cheese, salami, olive oil and some amazine bruschetta.  On the way home we stopped at a produce stand to pick up some goodies.
strawberries galor!


When we got home we vegged out for a bit until a late, light dinner.
Crab  cake with roasted veggies and pineapple that wasn't quite ripe enough yet...oops.

We had such a fun time today just relaxing, drinking some wine and catching up with my parents. I definitely don't want the weekend to end.  This will be my first 5 day week back at work in a very long time so I'm sure it will be a little tough to get through. 

I'm looking forward to running tomorrow since it will be the only day this week that won't be in the 90s. Another heat wave is on it's way!










2 comments:

  1. Did you do the "dance for three minutes" warmup for that workout in the gym? That would have been funny to see!
    The picture of you and your father dancing at you wedding is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I didn't do the warm up because I was in the gym, but I think if I were at home I wouldn've done it. Only in the privacy of my own home so I don't make a complete fool of myself lol.

    ReplyDelete