Wednesday, June 20, 2012

One Busy Wednesday

Hello all. It has been one crazy day so far. I'm just glad to be sitting down lol!  At least there are only two days left in the week, and tha means it's What I Ate Wednesday.


I started off my morning with a new favorite overnight oats recipe. The ingredients....no sugar added applesauce, nonfat plain greek yogurt, old fashioned oats, cinnamon and nutmeg.
I mixed one of these little guys with 1/4 cup greek yogurt, 1/4 cup oatmeal and a shake of cinnamon and nutmeg.  Then I put it in the fridge overnight and it was ready to go with a few toppings the next morning.

Mid morning my stomach was grawling! I had an apple and drank a glass of water to try and stay hydrated. It was almost 100 degrees here today and we had a double header in volleyball after work.  That means 2 hours of volleyball in the hot summer heat.

Lunch was also a new favorite of mine. I cooked up some quinoa and mixed it with a bunch of cooked veggies and chickpeas.  Then I drizzled a bit of bbq sauce on top. YUM


And some cherries on the side. I'm loving cherry season!

Right after work I was heading to the hair dresser to get my "wedding hair" chopped off!  I grew my hair out for over a year and I've been hating it. From the hair dresser I went straight to volleyball for our double header. Before I left for volleyball I finished my cherries and ate my favorite KIND bar.

By the time 6:30 hit I was getting hungry yet again. After our first game I found a kind soul on the sideline offering up some orange slices. Yes please. After our games, in which I totally sucked ass, Matt and I grabbed a quick dinner at WAWA.  7pm is way too late for me to go home and make a full dinner.
My sandwich was a turkey, cheddar cheese, cucumber, tomato, spinach, onion, and oregano on rye bread. I ate half and saved the other half for lunch tomorrow. I dipped it in a big pile of hummus!! After dinner I had a big spoonful of peanut butter with some chcolate chips on top. Then I worked on my grocery list for tomorrow, watered the plants, and just about passed out on the couch.  Thank God Real Housewives of Orange County is on damand for me to watch! Love my trashy TV. 

Tomorrow is going to be another scorcher, so I'll be headed to the gym for my run on the dreadmill. Mrrrrrr. Oh well. Hopefully I'll get a good run in outside this weekend.









No comments:

Post a Comment