Thursday, June 14, 2012

Signed Up!

I'm starting to get back into my usual routine again.  I went for a run today after work and man was it a tough one.  My legs were still pretty sore from my workouts earlier in the week so it wasn't my fastest run ever.

I've also been attempting to eat a bit better this week. I've been loading up with veggies and trying to eat more fruit for my snacks at night so I can avoid the other sweets in the house.
I made this chicken and cheese bake earlier in the week for dinner and just cooked up some extra veggies to add to it for my lunch.

For dinner Matt and I decided to have fish....but it was such a big let down compared to the fish we were eating last week.

What's that yellow sauce you ask?
Something we brought home from St. Lucia.  Very yummy on potatoes if you like bananas.

In other news...Matt and I signed up for a Warrior Dash in July!  We are running it with 2 other friends and I can't wait!  I'm a little nervous that I'm going to hurt myself somehow. I was looking at all the obstacles and started psyching myself out a bit.  The whole jumping over fire thing kind of freaked me out, but I think I can do it!

Another big decision, Matt and I will begin training for our first half marathon the week of June 25th! We will be running the Philadelphia Rock N' Roll Half Marathon on September 16th! Holy cow.  I guess now that I've announced it we really have to do it!  Matt admitted to me yesterday that he really has no need to do this half marathon, but he's doing it because he knows it's on my bucket list and he also knows that I wouldn't want to do it alone. So I thank him for that. He will definitely push me to keep to the training schedule.  The one I'm looking at right now has 3 shorter runs during the week and one long run on the weekend.  There will be one to two rest days per week with some cross training and strength training mixed in.  It's a 12 week program that will hopefully make us ready for 13.1!!






No comments:

Post a Comment