Monday, March 19, 2012

Circuit Workout and Addictive Oatmeal Cookies

Hey everyone! Hope you all had a good Monday. Mine actually wasn't half bad. I got a great workout in after work even though I'm still avoiding running until my hip is 100% (feeling so much better than yesterday already).  I was in the mood for a good circuit workout so I put this baby together and boy did it kick my butt:

I have a feeling I'll be sore tomorrow! This took me about 20 minutes to complete. Then I moved on to some cardio.  I did 15 minutes on the stairmaster and 20 minutes walking on different inclines from 0 to 10.  For some reason I always feel like I should be wearing leg warmers and a sweatband when I'm on the stairmaster, but it always makes me sweat. Nobody ever uses those poor machines, I feel bad for them sometimes lol. 

Dinner was leftover BBQ Blue Cheese Turkey Burgers from last week. Leftovers make my life so much easier!
Had my turkey burger on a peice of great harvest dakota toast .
and a salad on the side

It's that time of the month again folks......and that only means one thing. I need to bake.  I was craving cookies,  and this is definitely the time to give in to cravings or your body will just end up hating you more, at least that's my theory. I found this recipe somewhere and adapted it to what I had in my kitchen. They literally took me 20 mintues to make before I was shoving one in my face lol.

Addictive Oatmeal Cookies
1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
3/4 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup raw sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup craisins
3 tbsp egg whites
1 tbsp butter softened
1/8 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix wet and dry ingredients separately, then add dry ingrdients into wet and mix.  Make 12 cookies around a tbsp each and bake for 12 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before devouring!

One last very important thing. Happy Birthday to my sister Melissa. Can't wait to visit this coming weekend and meet my neice!








No comments:

Post a Comment