Monday, March 5, 2012

Massage Anxiety

Today was very very uneventful.  I woke up, went to work, went to a doctor's appoinment, went shopping for my neices and nephew and made it home in time for dinner. My legs needed a rest day today and I was glad to take one. 

Now for a recap of mine and Matt's couple's massage on Saturday.
(I think Matt's love of cat humor photos is starting to wear off on me)

I had a kick ass groupon for an hour long couples massage for $55, originally $140 value.  I was pumped. This was only my second massage ever and my first hour long one.  I was a little nervous becuase I really don't like to be touched by people I don't know.  I hate manicures and pedicures...I know it's like I'm not a real woman or something.  I even hate getting my hair cut! I went in with an open mind. 

First red flag: the massage place was below a gym.  Interesting.  Matt and I went and filled out all the paperwork and then went in the room to undress (scandelous!).  We had been greeted by a man and a woman around our age.  I wasn't sure if they would be the one's doing the massages, but it turned out they were.  They told us to undress to where we were comfortable.  Me being a nervous nelly decided to leave my bra on haha! I know what was I thinking??

So they two massage people, uhhhh masseuses, walk in.  One boy, one girl.  Guess who I got?? The guy haha.  For some reason this makes me really uncomfortable and I kind of start to sweat.  To add to the awkwardness like only I could, the male masseuse asks me very politely if he can take off my bra (I'm laying on my stomach).  I say sureeeee and he snaps it right off.  He's definitely had experience with this kind of thing before.  So the massage starts and there's this really soothing music on and then we hear a big "BOOOOMM." Guess one of the juice heads upstairs dropped their weights on the floor.  Matt and I both agreed that it sounded like we were in a warzone.  So this is me during the entire massage:
AWKWARD!!

Then we turn on our backs and it gets even worse! He goes to massage my legs and pulls the sheet up a little too much for my comfort. HELLO!  I wish I had warn my granny panties!! So I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the world who can't even relax during a massage. Matt agreed. There is no hope for me.  I think I'll give it another try, but I would much rather have a woman next time, not a 25 year old guy. 

I hope I'm not the only one out there that thinks like this haha. Oh well.  It makes me "different" right??

1 comment:

  1. Whew! That sure was an experience for you. But I hope that you did not encounter anymore of those red flag masseuse after that massage encounter. Massage is also my end-of-the-day stress reliever, and I always make sure that I’m comfortable with my massage therapist; that would lessen my stress. One tip: look for a regular massage parlor and always ask your preferred therapist.

    ReplyDelete