Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Roasted Chickpeas YUM

Work was sloowwww today.  We go through really busy periods and lulls just like every other company and we are in a bit of a lull right now.  By the time I got out of work I was so ready to get moving. I headed to the gym for my usual weights and cardio workout.  First I completed a arms and legs workout including Dumbbell Bulgarian Squats, Tricep Extensions, Goblet Squats, Bench Presses, Alternating Forward Lunges, and Front Arm Raises.  I went through these doing 12 reps for 3 sets. My legs were hurting by the end.  Then I moved on to some work on the bosu ball including my new favorite ab workout.
Mountain Climber With Hands On Bosu Ball

I finished my workout with 15 minutes on the bike and 15 minutes on the eliptical before I went home to make dinner. I attempted to make burritos tonight...attempted.
Brown rice and black beans
Onions and Peppers
Chicken

My burrito would not stay together so I had to use toothpicks haha
Still tasted pretty good though

After dinner I tried to make spiced baked chickpeas for snacks and to put on top of my salads.
Baked Chickpeas
Drain and rinse one can of chickpeas.  Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  Spread the chickpeas on the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.  Transfer chickpeas to a bowl when finished baking and mix with 1 tsp cinnamon, 2 tsp olive oil, 1.5 tsp brown sugar and 1/4 tsp salt.  Enjoy!  I'm bringing these bad boys to work with me tomorrow for a healthy snack and some extra protein. 





No comments:

Post a Comment