Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Gloomy Day

Guess what time it is?? What I Ate Wednesday...Obvi. 
Hoste by Peas and Crayons.  The challenge for the month is to eat those veggies. I attempted to today. Let's see how it went.
Breakfast: Oatmeal
1/2 cup old fashioned oats, almond milk, cinnamon, craisins
Topped with an apple  and spoonful of peanut butter

My mid afternoon snack was scarfed so fast that I had no time to photgraph. I had a banana and peice of a peanut butter chocolate chip clif bar

Lunch:
pomagranate greek yogurt with nuts and dried fruit.  Amazine rice salad that my mom makes with carrots and  beans added on top.  This rice salad is so addicting. I'm not sure of the exact recipe but I think it's something like wiild rice, red and yellow bell pepper chopped, celery chopped, craisins, pecans and then a dressing of honey, oil and vinegar.  AMAZEBALLS.

I also snacked on an applesauce before I left work.  SOOOO remember how I was planning on going for an amazing run with my new Garmin 405?? Well, the weather ruined my plans.  It was raining when I left work so I had to change up my plans and head to the gym :(
I'm pissed haha

I was feeling really ADD at the gym so I did 20 minute of weights focusing on my arms and legs and then moved on to my ADD cardio workout which includes 10 minutes each of sprinting on 3  different machines. I started out on the eliptical, then moved to the treadmill sprinting 1.16 miles in 10 minutes, and then ending with 10 minutes on the bike.  Not exactly what I wanted to be doing today, but the good news is that tomorrow's weather looks perfect for running. So I will be testing my Garmin tomorrow. Promise!

Dinner:
Pork Chop, mixture of roasted sweet potato and russet potato, veggie mixture of zucchini, brussel sprouts and kale.  So good.  After dinner I chomped on some of my dark chocolate bunny from easter and will most likely be snacking on some more fruit later tonight. Off to go watch some of the flyers game!!







2 comments:

  1. Hmmm... Love pb and apples together. I always have to have a lot protein during breakfast though, or I'm hungry for the rest of the day! Do you have that problem, or would you say that the fiber from the oatmeal holds you over? Just curious :D Awesome WIAW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually do agree with you. It's funny but I'm am totally addicted to overnight oats. Greek yogurt and oatmeal hold me over for around 3 hours. I have to eat either oatmeal or overnight oats if I have a busy day ahead of me. I also tried protein pancakes from carrots 'n' cake last weekend and they were so good. I highly recommend it!

      Delete