Sunday, April 29, 2012

Mud Run, Muffins and Curry

Today Matt and I were up at 5:20am....on a Sunday.  I think we are crazy.  Matt was running a mud run in Milton, De and I was tagging along as photographer.  This didn't make me too happy because I really wanted to be running, but unfortunately it was a 3 person team thing, and Matt was just filling in for a person who had backed out.  I got some pretty good pictures of Matt and his team though, so I guess I served my purpose.
They were supposed to be tinker bell and the lost boys, but I'm pretty sure Matt is the only one who attempted to dress up lol.  Thank goodness for goodwill.


heading into the mud pool



After!

I may have been a tad biased and taken a million pictures of Matt. Oops.

We got home around 1:30 and were both soooo dead.  I made a super quick dinner, thai chicken curry. 
Super easy and delicious.  I used the same recipe for this thai coconut curry shrimp and just replaced the shrimp with chicken.  I also added some frozen bell peppers and broccoli and served everything over brown rice.  For dessert I had half of one of these babies:
Pumpkin Banana Muffins:
2 mashed bananas
1 cup pumpkin
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 eggs
2 cups flour (I used whole wheat pastry flour)
1/2 cup oats
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
Handful of chopped walnuts and craisins (optional)

Combine wet and dry ingredients separately, then add dry to wet.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 25 minutes or until cooked all the way through. 

Matt and I both loved these. I'm always looking for things to make with my old bananas.

Schedule for the week:
Monday: Run
Tuesday: Gym strength + cross train
Wednesday: Volleyball Double Header
Thursday: Gym strength + intervals on treadmill
Friday: Drive to Harrisonburg, VA to pick up some wine barrels for the wedding...you know the usual haha. 










No comments:

Post a Comment